Senior Android Developer
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon, we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Take active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
- Develop our own products
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- At least 3+ years of professional experience building native Android apps
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Android SDK and ecosystem
- Strong knowledge in Java, OOP, data structures and design patterns
- External APIs, XML, JSON, and serialized data
- Multi-threading and memory management, specific to mobile devices
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge in web-service integrations and the client-server application model
- Knowledge of development environment, source control systems (Git)
- Teamwork experience
- Good communication skills (everything from showing empathy to being able to present your ideas clearly and resolve conflicts in a non-violent way)
- Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed (coffee’s on us)
- Google Play Store applications that you have worked on
- Past experience with Android Projects using RxJava, Gradle, Retrofit, Dagger, Kotlin, or a MVx architecture model
- Experience with databases SQLite/MySQL/Realm/Firebase
- Experience of test driven development (TDD) and the desire to write tests
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
What we offer:
This is a full-time position that comes with a competitive salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
The key thing about Melon? You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.