As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- 1+ years’ experience of Data platform implementation, including 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Data Factory/Kinesis/Kafka/Spark/Storm implementations.
- 2+ years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Flink, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Azure Data Factory).
- Proficiency with at least one language such as Python, Scala, C++ or Java.
- Basic understanding of machine learning fundamentals.
- Experience working on a codebase with many contributors.
- Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required.
- Hands-on experience working on large-scale data science/data analytics projects.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations.
- Hands-on experience with Data Analytics technologies such as Azure, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Spark SQL, MLib or Storm/Samza.
- Implementing Azure and AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Experience with at least one of the modern distributed Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet Caffe, and Keras.
- Experience building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
- 2+ years of experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
- Experience with Azure and AWS technology stack.
- Ability to take Machine Learning models and implement them as part of the data pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organized by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities and transportation
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.