Junior DevOps Engineer
As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Deploying/configuring cloud services manually or using Infrastructure as Code tools
- Troubleshooting availability, performance, or application release problems
- Keeping a healthy communication with your colleagues
- Learning from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- Previous work experience as System Administrator or Developer
- Interest and understanding of DevOps principles
- Web application hosting knowledge (Web servers, SSL certificates, know how HTTP works, etc.)
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Basics of the different Linux flavors (Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/Amazon Linux)
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services offered by AWS/Azure/GCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Practical experience with Public Clouds (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Knowledgeable in DevOps automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Docker containers
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organised by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities and transportation
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
About Melon, part of Kin + Carta:
We are a global digital transformation consultancy committed to building a world that works better #ForEveryone.
Our culture is people-first, informal and we aim to be internationally recognised as the best place to work. Our developers say that we are friendly and supportive. Beyond skills, we value character, common sense, and sense of humour. We appreciate potential for growth. Our 2,000+ curious minds make creative connections between people, data, and technology. Together, we devise connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of business-critical product and platforms.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focuses on people, planet, and profit. This mix attracts like-minded team members and engages clients in a unique way.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.
Team: Software Engineering