Data Analyst / BI Developer
As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Translate business needs into high-level technical designs for BI solutions taken from business and tech stakeholders
- Apply rapid prototyping and iterative development methodologies as appropriate to ensure solution keeps pace with business needs as new points of data occur
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to the existing ETL / ELT routines responsible for loading data from the data-source systems into the Data Marts and Data Warehouse
- Develop and manage BI job scheduling including full and incremental loads to ensure cost management at optimal level and monitoring the scheduled events for any potential discrepancies
- Manage performance on the ETL / ELT as well as the dimensional / fact data transform in order to have optimal system for delivering results
- Design and develop dashboards / reports / visualizations to meet business needs as per stakeholders ask
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to the existing dimensional data warehouse data model with setup of proper active and inactive relationships
- Participate in near and long-term capacity planning for BI including data representation, cost management and data pipelines
- Research and resolve data integrity and performance needs as the technology and new features of the tech stack become available for usage
- 3+ years’ designing and coding ETL through on-prem or serverless runtimes in Python, Scala or Java, config in YAML / JSON and taking data from CSV, JSON, XML, Avro, Parquet or ORC files as batch payloads, but also from streaming data
- 3+ years’ experience in Data Warehousing / BI solutions such as on-prem MS SSAS, but also cloud solutions such as MS Azure Synapse Analytics, Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- 3+ years’ experience in Dashboarding / Reporting solutions such as MS Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Looker or Amazon QuickSight
- 2+ years’ experience working with cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP or AWS; and their respective storage (Data Lake, Cloud Storage, S3), database (Cloud SQL, SQL instances in MySQL, MSSSQL, Aurora RDS), runtime (Functions, Lambda), computational (VMs), scheduling (Cloud Scheduler), messaging (Storage Queues, PubSub, SQS, SNS) and notification resources (Azure Monitor, Cloud Monitoring, CloudWatch)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Git
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders, team members and across other technology teams
- Read and understand software requirements
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours with hybrid model of working - work from home or from the office
- Additional Private health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organized by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- Тhe annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
- Refreshments and fruits in the office
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.