Senior Spark/ Scala Data Engineer
As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin +Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the data engineering domain to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline, and technology capabilities
- Build fault-tolerant, self-healing, adaptive, and highly accurate data computational pipelines
- In this role, the candidate will be designing, coding, testing, automating, debugging and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements
- Provide consultation and lead the implementation of complex programs
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects
- Tune queries running over billions of rows of data running in a distributed query engine
- Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
- Strong/expert level hands-on coding experience in Spark using Scala
- Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, including working with services like S3, Amazon EMR and Kinesis Data Streams
- Collaborative, able to work remotely, and still be an engaging team member
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Experience coding in Java/Spring, and Python
- Experience with Terraform
- Proficiency with data pipeline software, CI/CD and Devops
- Proficiency with cloud architecture components in AWS
- Ability to turn raw data and ambiguous business questions into distilled findings and recommendations for action
- Experience with statistical and machine learning libraries along with the ability to apply them appropriately to business problems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker in order to build, deliver, and scale containerized apps
- Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
- Experience leading and managing technical data/analytics/machine learning projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Work Policy
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organized by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities and transportation
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
About Melon, part of Kin + Carta
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
We are a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.