AWS DevOps Engineer
We are looking for AWS DevOps Engineer to join our smart and nice team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon, we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Design Cloud architectures or improve existing cloud environments while considering client’s security, availability and cost requirements
- Deploy Cloud services using reusable Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Collaborate with development teams in the software development and release processes – establish CI/CD pipelines, promote usage or assist with Proof of Concepts of new Cloud Services, advise on security & performance best practices.
- Monitor & Operate Cloud environments – timely reaction on incidents when they occur, build proactive monitoring metrics, alarms & log analytics aligned with business logic.
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 1+ years of experience as DevOps
- 4+ years of experience as System Administrator/CloudOps/DevOps
- Good knowledge and experience working in Windows & Linux OS environment
- Experience with building AWS environments
- Fundamental knowledge of networking & security in the context of web application & cloud
- Experience with Automation – Scripting, CI/CD Pipelines, Provisioning tools
- Experience with Terraform
- Good knowledge in Git
- Be a team player
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed
- AWS Certification
- Experience building containerized application in AWS – EKS, ECS, Fargate
- Experience with AWS DeveloperTools or Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure/GCP
- Experience with Load Testing platforms/products
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
What we offer:
This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
Flexible working hours and no overtime
Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
Co-subsidized transportation, parking & Multi Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje
Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What's Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.