Game Artist / UI Designer
We are looking for a talented Game Artist / UI Designer with strong sense aesthetics in games, conceptual and attention to detail for social games development.
We are equally interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon, we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, being nice and delivering results. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential growth.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supporting and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Crafting game elements and assets: complex screens, screen backgrounds, characters, tooltips, icons, etc.
- Creating mockups and developing 2D art with industry standard tools
- Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule while understanding the client's brand and be a significant part of its development
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- Strong design, drawing, color, composition, and conceptual ideation abilities
- At least 3 years of experience in creating art for games
- Great illustration skills with a portfolio of 2D assets for games
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and render
- Characters art, background and UI concept design in a range of different styles
- Quick sketching methods and the ability to create accurate wireframes and to react quick to changes
- Strong understanding of typography
- Ability to meet deadlines in a strong team environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Intermediate English
- Gaming background as a user
- Experience in working with 3D assets
- Have a passion for making and playing video games
- Knowledge of Jira
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with a competitive salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
- Performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development.
- Access to technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications.
- Flexible working hours and no overtime.
- Work-from-home when required.
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services.
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications.
- Co-subsidized Multi Sport cards, transportation & parking.
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices.
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations.
- Annual team building that gathers together everyone from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje's offices.
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year.
What's Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send us your CV and portfolio with the position reference in the subject.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.