We are looking for a Java Architect with strong programming and analytical skills to join our smart and nice team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon, part of Kin + Carta we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Take active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
- Develop our own products
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 8+ years commercial software experience
- An excellent understanding of Java 8+
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of Big O notation and performance analysis
- Excellent knowledge with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with git or other version control
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of software architectural and design patterns and experience as software architect
- Experience with distributed architecture principles and solutions for performance, scale, and reliability
- Experience building and packaging components/services, cloud/on-premise deployments, CI/CD pipelines, operational monitoring and observability, experience working with Docker and orchestration of containers
- Experience with databases (relational and non-relational), database architecture and distributed transaction management; fluent in SQL
- Solid understanding of network and content delivery services (VPC services, Gateway services, NLB, ALB)
- Experience with distributed system security
- Experience with writing/reviewing technical design documents, choosing right technology stack
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Good communication and analytical skills
What will give you an edge:
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience handling large data sets
- Integration experience with third party API’s
- Performance analysis of JVM technology
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with Spring Cloud or Quarkus
- Experience with Maven/Gradle/Ant
- Experience with developing batch/streaming data processing pipelines
- Advanced knowledge in databases such as partitioning and indexing
- Knowledge in Elastic services and tools is a plus
- Knowledge in Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with at least one of the following databases: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with at least one of the following databases: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra or other
Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
- Flexible working hours and no overtime.
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services.
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications.
- Hybrid model of working.
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development.
- Co-subsidized MultiSport cards, transportation, parking.
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices.
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations.
- Annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year.
What’s Key about Melon, part of Kin+Carta?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply
Melon AD is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with Melon AD's policies, as well as with the GDPR Regulation.
Melon AD will process the personal data included in your CV for a period of 12 months for the purposes of recruiting for this currently vacant position or for the purpose of recruiting of personnel for future vacant positions with Melon, which positions according to Melon AD are appropriate for you in view of your education, professional qualification and experience.
You have the right to request access, correction or erasure of your personal Information at any time. You also have the right to request restriction of processing your personal data, and you may as well withdraw consent at any time.
Location: Prishtina, Skopje, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo