Junior iOS Developer
We are looking for a Junior iOS Developer to join our mobile development team in Sofia.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results, and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason, and sense of humor, and we appreciate the potential for growth.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supportive, and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely or integrated with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Take an active part in all stages of the software development lifecycle – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing, and support
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- Basic knowledge of Swift and the key iOS system frameworks
- Understating of basic design patterns like MVC, Notifications, Delegation, Protocol orientated programming
- Understanding of OOP principles
- Knowledge of xCode and source control systems (git)
- Good problem solving, critical thinking
- Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed (coffee’s on us)
- Good communication skills
- Experience in C/C++/Java/Kotlin
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience working with SCRUM / Agile methodologies
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours and no overtime
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications
- Work-from-home when required
- Our performance evaluation policy paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized Multi-Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
- The annual team building event that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Team Size: 7