Junior (L1) System Administrator
We are looking for a Junior System Administrator to join our smart and nice team in Skopje.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Monitor the internal ticketing system and reactively respond to the L1 issues
- Keep a healthy communication with your colleagues
- Escalate the L2 and L3 issues to the appropriate engineers in accordance to the relevant SLA
- Maintain a mixed computing environment with Windows, Linux and Mac workstations & notebooks including hardware & software planning, ordering, installation, inventory and upgrades
- Support Skopje Office LAN Network & Internet connectivity in accordance with company network design principles. Work closely with the lead network administrator
- Maintain Server Room equipment
- Learn from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- 1+ year(s) of experience as Hardware Support/System Administrator
- Interest in PC Hardware and troubleshooting of peripheral hardware issues
- Managing Windows 10 in domain environment
- Working in the Microsoft Ecosystem – Hyper-V Virtualized Windows Sever 2016/2019, System Center Product Family, Office365
- Basics of the different Linux flavors – Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/AWS Linux
- Basics of networking – DNS/DHCP/routing/switching
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft and/or other technical certification
- Experience with Server/NAS Hardware
- Experience with Databases – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Scripting knowledge
- Experience with Ubiquity WiFi networks
- Experience with Mikrotik RouterOS
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
What we offer:
This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
Flexible working hours and no overtime
Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
Co-subsidized transportation, parking & Multi Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje
Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What's Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the position reference in the subject.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Team Size: 11 - 13 people