We are looking for a Node.JS developer to join our front-end development team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
Take active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
- Develop owr own products
Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 3+ years of experience using Node.js
- Good knowledge of Node.js frameworks
- Good knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed (coffee’s on us)
- Proficiency in RESTful APIs and API communications
- Good grasp of asynchronous programming and its workarounds
- Database scheme creation for business processes
- Working knowledge in user authentication and authorization
- Working knowledge with microservices architecture
- Teamwork experience
- Familiarity with versioning control with Git
- Good communication skills (everything from showing empathy to being able to present your ideas clearly and resolve conflicts in a non-violent way)
- Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Knowledge in Node.js web frameworks such as Express, Fastify, Nest, LoopBack
- Knowledge in front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue
- Knowledge in AWS
- Knowledge in Kubernetes cluster
- Knowledge in Redis
- Experience with multi-core node application scaling
- Experience with client communication
- Experience writing unit tests
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
Flexible working hours and no overtime.
Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services.
Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications.
Work-from-home when required.
Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development.
Co-subsidized transportation, parking & Multi Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria.
Refreshments and fruits at our offices.
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje.
Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year.
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.